Hello Guys Welcome Back My New Blog Here You Will Learn How To Make Healthy KFC Gravy At Home. The KFC gravy is flavorful and thick, and it goes well with a variety of foods. At the restaurant, the gravy is normally served with mashed potatoes and a KFC bowl. However, it goes well with a variety of foods, including fried chicken and biscuits. We all know how good KFC’s mashed potatoes and gravy are. So, today we’re going to learn how to create KFC gravy at home.
Cooking flour in butter with onion until it is fully toasted and golden is part of the KFC gravy recipe. Then, along with some water and a pinch of black pepper, chicken and beef bouillon is added. This mixture is simmered for a long time until it becomes a rich, delectable sauce.
To make KFC gravy, you’ll need the following tools
- Large Pan – In a large skillet, make your thick gravy.
- The roux is made with a whisk, a spatula, and a knife. When stirring things, the spatula will come in helpful. The knife will assist you in chopping the onions finely.
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||35 Minutes||40 Minutes|
To make KFC gravy, you’ll need the following ingredients
- All-Purpose Flour, Onion, and Butter — Cook onions and flour in butter to make a tasty roux.
- Chicken and beef bouillon give gravy a deep umami taste.
- Water – Use the water to dilute the gravy and help it cook more evenly.
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper — Toss in some freshly ground black pepper to give the gravy a spicy kick.
Steps To Make KFC Gravy
1. Whisky Business
Let’s get started on the gravy’s rich brown roux. Half of the butter should be melted in a large skillet. Toss in the chopped onions and sauté for 5 minutes, or until they are transparent.
After that, add the remaining butter to the skillet and melt it. In the same skillet, add the flour. For about 20 minutes, stir frequently until the flour toasts and turns golden brown. Your roux is now complete. It’s time to make a great gravy out of it.
2. The Journey From Roux To Gravy
Now, add water along with chicken and beef bouillon to the skillet and whisk them so that the gravy is lump-free. Season the gravy with a touch of pepper and bring it to a boil.
Then, cook the gravy while stirring it for about 10 minutes until it is thick and rich. Your delicious KFC gravy is ready! You can ladle this rich gravy over mashed potatoes, some biscuits, or just take a direct sip.
|Saturated Fat||5.6 g|
KFC Gravy Recipe
The KFC Gravy is a delicious, flavorful, and thick gravy that you can serve with mashed potatoes or pour over your KFC bowl. The gravy is made with onions, beef bouillon, chicken bouillon, flour, and butter. Just cook everything until thick and it’s ready!
PREP TIME-5 mins, COOK TIME-35 mins, TOTAL TIME-40 mins, CALORIES-122.3 kcal
- Large Skillet
- Whisk, Spatula, and Knife
- 5 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1 small Onion (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons Butter (divided)
- 2 teaspoons Beef Bouillon
- 2 teaspoons Chicken Bouillon
- 2 ½ cups Water
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- Half of the butter should be melted in a large skillet. Toss in the chopped onions and sauté for 5 minutes, or until they are transparent. After that, add the remaining butter to the skillet and melt it. In the same skillet, add the flour.
- For about 20 minutes, stir frequently until the flour toasts and turns golden brown.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the water, chicken, and beef bouillon until the gravy is lump-free. Bring the gravy to a boil with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the gravy is thick and rich. It’s time to make your delicious KFC gravy!