KFC potato wedges are crispy on the outside and soft on the interior fried potato wedges. The wedges are dipped in a mixture of milk and eggs. This gives them a deep, velvety texture. After that, they’re dusted in seasoned flour. Shortening is used to fry the lightly battered potato wedges.
You could wonder why I’m shortening. We use shortening because it gives them a crisp, restaurant-like flavour. If you want, you can fry with oil. The shortening, on the other hand, is restaurant-approved. The recipe is easy to follow and only takes around half an hour to prepare.
To create these potato wedge fries, you don’t need any costly cooking equipment, supplies, or sushi chef abilities. All you need is a quick trip to the pantry and 15 minutes of prep time. All that’s left is to look at the recipe.
To make KFC Potato Wedges, you’ll need the following tools
- Large Bowls – You’ll need two large bowls for this recipe. One will prepare the milk and mixture, while the other will prepare the seasoned flour.
- Large Pan — In a heavy-bottomed large pan, fry your potato wedges.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the wedges from the milk mixture using the slotted pan. When the wedges are done, remove them from the pan with the spoon.
- Knife and whisk – Use the knife to slice the potatoes and the whisk to combine the ingredients.
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||20 Minutes||35 Minutes|
To make KFC Potato Wedges, you’ll need the following ingredients
- Russet Potatoes – Clean the russet potatoes by rinsing and peeling them. Cut them into 12 inch thick wedges after that.
- Milk and Egg – Whisk together the milk and egg, then dip the wedges in the mixture for a few minutes.
- Seasoned Flour – Combine flour, paprika, garlic powder, seasoned salt, and ground black pepper to make seasoned flour.
- Shortening – For a restaurant-style flavour, fry and then refry the potato wedges in shortening.
Steps To Make KFC Potato Wedges
1. The Big Bowls
Take out two large bowls and keep them ready. Take one bowl and mix milk and egg in it. In the second bowl, add flour, salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder.
2. Dip and Dredge
Now, take the potato wedges and dip them in the milk and egg mixture for some time. Then, take them out using a slotted spoon and transfer them to the bowl with seasoned flour. Dredge them with the flour so that they get coated with the flour.
3. Shortening In The Pan
Then, heat a large pan and add about 3 inches of shortening to it. Heat the shortening to a temperature of 375℉. This will give them the perfect crisp and taste.
Gently lower the potato wedges into the shortening and fry them for about 3-4 minutes. Take them out and return them to the pan after a few minutes. Fry them again for 4-6 minutes.
KFC Potato Wedges Recipe
The KFC potato wedges are crispy fried wedges. The potatoes are covered with a milk and egg mixture and then seasoned flour. They are then fried in shortening to make them crispy and delicious.
PREP TIME15 minsCOOK TIME20 minsTOTAL TIME35 minsCOURSEcopycatCUISINEAmericanSERVINGS8CALORIES189 kcal
- 2 Large Bowls
- Large Pan
- Slotted Spoon
- 5 large Russet Potatoes
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Flour
- ¼ teaspoon Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoons Seasoned Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- Shortening (for frying)
- In a large mixing basin, whisk together the milk and the egg. Combine flour, salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder in a separate bowl.
- Now dip the potato wedges in the milk and egg mixture for a few minutes. Then, using a slotted spoon, remove them and place them in the seasoned flour basin. Dredge them in flour so that they are completely covered.
- Then, in a big skillet, melt about 3 inches of shortening. Heat the shortening to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the potato wedges gently in the shortening and cook for 3-4 minutes. After a few minutes, remove them from the pan and return them to it. Re-fry them for a further 4-6 minutes.
- After that, remove the wedges and serve with your favourite dip. KFC potato wedges, golden and crispy, are ready!